Length: 90 Minutes
This webinar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
This session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
The remainder of the seminar will cover the following “advanced” tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure
- Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Personal Residence, Rentals, Home Offices, and 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans and Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gifting
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA)
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, relationship managers,credit administrators
Presenter: David Osburn, Osburn & Associates
ICBA Members: $219
1.5 CPE Credit
Print Order Form