Active shooter situations are an unfortunate reality. Planning and preparation will help an organization reduce the likelihood of such a situation and mitigate the harm if an incident does occur. This course will advise employees and managers how to respond to an active shooter or other workplace violence situation; outline the components of an emergency action plan and appropriate training; and review the signs of potential workplace violence. Course Length ≈ 16 minutes.
• List good practices for responding to an active shooter incident in the workplace
• Outline the contents of an effective emergency action plan (EAP)
• Identify signs of potential workplace violence
• When an Active Shooter is in Your Vicinity
• How to Prepare Your Organization
• Potential Workplace Violence
• Managing the Aftermath
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.