An effective security program is an excellent tool for protecting the institution's work product, physical assets, intellectual assets, and personnel. This course will introduce key concepts in security and provide a basic understanding of the security function. This course is intended for all bank personnel. Course ≈ 26 minutes.
• Define the terms "security" and "loss prevention."
• Identify the key features of an effective security program (who, what, where, when, why, how).
• Explain the terms "non-crime event" and "crime event."
• Identify and briefly explain the three categories of crime.
• Identify the two main types of offender.
• Outline the responsibilities of the institution's employees with regard to security.
• Identify monetary and non-monetary costs of crime.
• Definitions and Overview
• Security Program Foundation
• Security Priorities
• Crime Events
• Types of Crimes
• Employee Responsibilities
• Costs & Loss Prevention
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.