Webinar: Basic Personal & Business Tax Return Analysis
February 11, 2020
Time: 11:00 am Eastern | 10:00 am Central | 9:00 am Mountain | 8:00 am Pacific
Length: 90 Minutes
Attend this webinar and gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
Bank personnel are required to obtain and properly interpret tax returns for both commercial and consumer lending purposes. The first part of this seminar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis while the second part will focus on the analysis of various business tax returns.
The objectives of the first part of the seminar consist of the following:
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms)
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules
- Discuss recent changes in the tax code including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) and how they affect the bank’s clients
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services
The second part includes:
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation
- S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns
- Discuss updates in the tax code including the TCJA as they apply to businesses
Presenter: David Osburn, Osburn & Associates
1.5 CPE Credits
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No previous experience and training necessary.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
ICBA Members: $199
Community Banker University Unlimited Webinar Pass
For more information, call 800-422-7285.
Print Registration Form
Mr. David L. Osburn
Organization: Osburn & Associates LLC
David Osburn is the founder of Osburn and Associates, LLC. The firm specializes in providing seminars, webinars and keynote speeches to CPA’s, bankers, attorneys, credit managers and business owners on topics such as banking, finance and credit, negotiation skills, marketing, and management. His extensive professional background includes 15 years as both a business trainer and contract CFO, 16 years in banking including the position of vice president and senior banking officer, and he is also a college professor.