Seminar: Commercial Lending Institute (SL5465120)
August 17 26, 2020
be held via live-streaming. We will not be holding this as a live,
event at this time due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.
NOTE: The institute will be split into two weeks for the virtual format August 17-19 and August 24-26 (you must attend all dates).
If you decide to enroll in the certification testing after you register for the class, please contact a Community Banker University representative at 800-422-7285.
Develop the necessary credit skills to maintain and manage a commercial credit portfolio. This program covers the analytical processes needed to be an effective Commercial Lender. Topics covered include:
Day 1: 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Commercial Loans Compared to Residential and Consumer Loans
- The Five C’s of Credit
- Regulations & Regulatory Agencies
- Types of Commercial Loans
- Bank and Non-Bank Competitors and Commercial Products
- The Role of the Commercial Relationship Manager
- The Credit Process Cycle: Application > Loan Officer Analysis > Credit Approval Form > Underwriting/Analysis >Approval Process > Closing >Monitoring
- Bank Customers and YOUR Customers
- Visiting Existing Clients
- Rapport Building and Earning Trust
- Follow up and Best Practices
- Prospecting and Building New Clients
- Sales Training
Day 2: 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
Loan Officer Underwriting & Analysis Basics
Credit Analysis & Building the Loan Package
- Business Tax Return Review ( C Corp, Sub S, LLC & Schedule C)
- Loan Officer’s Quick Underwrite
- Financial Spreads, Review & Case Studies
- Basics and Structure of a Loan Request
- Key facts for Customer, Industry, Strengths & Weaknesses
- Business Financial Analysis
- Guarantor Financial Analysis
- Dos and Don'ts of a Loan Write-up
- Personal Financial Analysis and Global Cash Flow
- Group Case Studies on Loan Requests
Day 3: 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Recap of Key Credit Concepts
- Understanding Credit Risk
- Types of Credit Facilities and Borrowing Causes
- Core Cash Drivers
- Cash To Cash Cycle
- Sensitivity Analysis
- UCA Cash Flow Analysis
- Manufacturing and Wholesale Case Study
Day 1: 9:00a.m.-5:30p.m. (5:00-5:30 p.m. review for certification test takers)
Compliance and Legal Issues
- Assessing Credit Structure
- Monitoring the Credit- Covenants and Collateral
- Real Estate Assessment
- Loan Documentation
- Lender Liability
- Hot Topics
- Bank Troubles and Issues (examples)
Day 2: 9:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
- Credit Quality Management
- Problem Loan Management
- Case Study Preparation and Development
Day 3: 9:00a.m.-11:30a.m. / Exam 2:00p.m.-3:30p.m.
- Loan Case Study Presentations
- Certification Exam
Who should attend: Individuals who are currently in a commercial lending role and looking to refresh or gain additional skills and those who are assuming commercial lending responsibilities. Prior cash flow analysis and financial statement analysis training is helpful.
47 CPE Credits
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: No previous experience and training necessary.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Fee (Registration fee is valid for one connection, only for the individual registered.)
ICBA Member: $1,995 (with testing fee $2,145)
Nonmember: $2,595 (with testing fee $2,845)
Nonbanker: $3,495 (with testing fee $3,745)
Certification Testing Fee
ICBA Member: $150
Certification Designation: Certified Commercial Loan Officer (CCLO)
Print Registration Form
USE OF PHOTOS & VIDEO CONTENT
or participation in an ICBA event constitutes an agreement by the participant
to ICBA’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the
participant’s image and/or voice in photographs, videos, digital
electronic reproductions and audio files/recordings of and at such events and
Mr. Doc Bodine
Organization: Gerrish Smith Tuck, PC Attorneys and Consultants
Mr. Robert L. Page
Organization: CenterState Bank, National Association
Mr. Brad Stevens
Organization: Stevens Risk Management, LLC